Hello, New South Wales voter.
I’m running as an Independent Senate candidate in New South Wales at the 2016 Australian election.
The motivation to run is a sense of disillusionment with where the major Australian political parties look like taking Australia. When I look at the alternative minor parties and the like, I’m still not satisfied, so I’ve decided to have a run myself.
Rather than promoting “policies”, which one former Independent politician of note described as arrogant for an Independent, I’m taking stands on various issues. I don’t pretend to have answers to everything, but I’m open to ideas put to me.
My stands on issues include …
- Expanding and improving mass public transport in big cities,
- Duplicating rural and regional highways,
- Protecting Australia’s prime farmland and water resources from mining and coal-seam gas extraction,
- Smarter spending on public education and health,
- Some relaxation of employment laws,
- Greater emphasis on developing skills of workers in workplaces rather than simply putting them through TAFE or college courses, and
- Simplifying the tax system.
I’m open to ideas or arguments on issues like Internet security and privacy, tax avoidance, drug laws, same-sex marriage, and immigration. As such, I’ll be putting out views on these and other issues when possible.
Please remember that I cannot compete with the major parties, or even some minor parties, in terms of resources and campaigning across NSW. As an Independent Senate candidate, I can only rely on you, the voter in NSW, for support.
As such, I invite you and your family and your friends to send me feedback on issues of concern to you. My address is email@example.com, and I welcome your feedback.
Take care, be well, and stay safe.